Car owners often wonder if it is worth washing the engine with various external means such as special washing oils and chemical additives. Although the washing machine of the world giant, SHELL, did not previously provide detergents at all, there are several cases where the engine needs to be flushed with other means besides standard engine oil.
1. When you permanently consume mineral oil - mineral oils, the sediments in the engine handle poorly, therefore a small amount of dirt remains in the engine and over time accumulates on its surface. Complete expulsion of this sediment from the engine is impossible without flushing.
2. If you use mineral oil and want to switch to synthetic or semi-synthetic after engine repair - because synthetic oils have stronger washing properties, they will absorb sediment dirt, which increases the risk of oil ducts and filter clogging. Also, pouring direct synthetics can cause the oil to turn into a jelly, which adversely affects engine performance and its future condition.
3. When you have to put unsuitable oil in the engine due to force majeure, or you suspect that poor quality oil has been sold to you, it is helpful to wash the engine as it will eliminate the presence of grease and dirt in the engine.
There are two types of detergent:
• Small volume, so-called five-minute.
• Full volume washing oils that are poured instead of old oil.
Washing oils - usually ordinary oils. Its basis can be mineral or synthetic, only, with a special set - enhancing the washing properties. There are other additives in it, but their function is to keep the engine in the rinsing process. Such oil has significantly better means of creating a stable slag mixture and removing it from the engine. After the old oil is released, it is poured into the engine and has to run for a few minutes on idle torque. Because washable oil has degraded lubricating properties, it can never be used at high revs. This oil is then expelled and fresh oil is poured.
Five-minute - different types of additives, which are packaged in small vials, mix with old oil and restore the washing oil washing functions. In this case, in case of mixing, the old oil should be released and replaced with a new one after about 5 minutes. It removes dirt from the engine walls very well and removes it from the system. Conventional engine oil also has this feature. By this time there is already so much dirt in the oil that it will no longer be able to dilute the extra dirt.
Misuse of this tool is also associated with great dangers. If the degree of contamination is too great, the adhesive can remove large amounts of dirt particles so that it can no longer come out and get stuck in the system. If used for too long, the chokes and gaskets can be damaged.
Engine rinsing can also be done with frequent changes of medium-level oil. In this case, it is possible to use the oil washing functions as much as possible, without the intervention of any chemicals. The latter is the most effective and safe method, but it is much more expensive than the first two procedures.
To evaluate engine leakage risks:
You risk too much if you pour five minutes into dead oil and a dirty engine.
The risk level is reduced if you pour five minutes into a dirty engine and fresh oil.
The risk level is further reduced if you pour washing oil into a dirty engine.
There is almost no risk if you pour the usual intermediate oil for 1-2 thousand kilometers.